When I was laid off in November 2001, I spent 10 months looking for a job, and everybody said I was the busiest unemployed person they ever met.
The thing is, there's just so much in life I want to do. So much I didn't get to do while growing up. And although I get to do some pretty cool stuff via my job sometimes (see: QVC), I miss out on a lot because of work, too.
So the stars aligned this year and, between paid time off and the last of my vacation days, I've got two weeks off. And I'm not just lying around.
Highlights so far:
- getting a pedicure when the nail salon isn't busy
- drinking a bottle of Vina Godeval Godello wine at Eleven Madison Park alone
- lava stone massage @ Oasis Day Spa
- two hour lunch @ Bar Americain
- happy hour @ Rodeo Bar
- seeing The Wrestler on a Tuesday night
- having the time to walk home
- waiting in line at Artichoke for a delightfully burnt Sicilian slice
- setting the alarm for 10 minutes before Guiding Light starts
And that's just the beginning. I've got three more weekdays off from work and then the weekend. Next up? An afternoon marathon at OTTO, a visit to my sexy eye doctor, a Knicks game, a new kitchen table, and much much more!