But there are some things that I miss about New York, and that I'm happy to return to - things that help me feel complacent when I've been there for a while and don't feel like leaving again:
- pizza by the slice, good pretty much wherever you get it
- good tasting tap water
- good friends, most notably the other two-thirds of Tres Equis XXX
- good theater, downtown to Broadway (including my Naked Angels weekly reading series, which unfortunately is on hiatus til the fall)
- Coney Island and the best ever bumper car ride, the El Dorado
- Flushing Meadows Corona Park and its World's Fair '64/65 relics
- walking (not up a mountain)
But I'm here now for a while, at least until my lease expires at the end of August. I might as well make the most of it while I can.
To become a fan on Facebook, click here.