So it gave me a chance to appreciate the small things, to take note that some things do go right in life.
In no particular order, these are the things that made me happy this weekend:
- losing another 1.5 lbs
- fixing my desk drawer with some packing tape and nails
- discovering that my crap camera on my new phone actually takes gorgeous lo-fi grayscale photos
- brussel sprouts, at home and at Bar Milano
- free underwear coupons from Victoria's Secret, which just keep coming even though I refuse to sign up for an Angels credit card
- the annual Christmas explosion at Rolf's
The last year has been the slowest year of my life, and now that the days are shorter and sure to get colder, there will be less and less for me to do to entertain myself when alone on weekends except Christmas shopping. So I have to make the most of every small joyful event, otherwise I just won't last the year.